Thursday, December 27, 2012

Grilled Skirt Steak

Tonights dinner was a skirt steak marinated in a honey teriyaki sauce. Again cutting corners I used a pre made marinade... No energy as everyone else wanted tacos for dinner, and we have a cast iron grill that needed to be used

You will need:
- 1 package skirt or flank steak (I always buy the smallest one as I'm the only one who really likes steak at my house)
- 1/2 cup Kens Honey Teriyaki marinade
-1 one gallon plastic zip lock bag

To make:
1) Marinate steak 1 hour or longer (I try to go longer)
2) Heat grill so it's hot, NOT SMOKING, I always leave a window open or fan on close by
3) Put steak on and let sizzle away, do not move around! Flip after 5 minutes and do the same for the other side, until desired... I usually like mine well done, but for this I will accept medium well (20 mins in total flipping for grill marks)
4) Let your meat REST! Remove it from the hot pan and set it on a plate or cutting board for a few minutes so when you do cut into it you don't lose all the juices. When you do cut, cut on the angle (I didn't because i like it kind of stringy)

It was very tasty! makes great left overs!

No comments:

Post a Comment